> >I have on my drives, Sony MP-F17W-01, only a switch for all the
> >4 positions. Any Ideas?

> Explain that in more detail.

I will try it ...

> What you said, in English, could mean all the 4 are connected.

I have 2 drives connected, one switched to ds0 the second switched
as ds1. there are only on switch with 4 positions, so a jumpering as
ds0 AND ds1 at the same time is not possible

> Did you mean to say 'each' of the 4 positions, and what do you mean by
> 'switch'?
>
> It could be a DIP switch with 4 switches - marked ON/OFF?

No, it slides from positon ds0 to ds3.
Sugessted by Dent Jonathan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
If i insert only in flp2_ a disk and do "dir flp1_" the flp1_ LED is
activated and i get a "Nicht gefunden" (not found). But if i insert
in flp1_ a disk and do a "dir flp2_" first the flp2_ LED was activated,
after that the flp1_ spins on and i get the floppy-name of flp1_disk
and the sectors but no directory. Maybe the cable had a fault, i will
try another one.

regards, Andreas