On Sun, May 19, 2002 at 05:31:38PM -0700, James Hunkins wrote:
> Guys,
>
> I am thinking of using rudimentary HTML file viewing capabilities for
> the QDT help system.  I could use some recommendations for programs to
> look at (if there are any) that give the following:
>
> 1) works in normal pointer environment (or could be adapted to)
> 2) does not require PWS (not all users will be running it)
> 3) has hot links (open different files from a link)
> 4) can display some graphics
>
> Any suggestions?  These could even include other open source code from
> the Unix world as long as it isn't too complex.  I am only looking for a
> basic capability (tables and figures at the most).

from Unix world I could recommend w3m, links and dillo. Former two
are pure text apps (similar to lynx but way better), dillo has full
support for graphics. All of them do tables but dillo doesn't do
frames.
As of the complexity.. not easy to judge. I guess sooner or later
we will have to port GTK but it hasn't been done yet so you would
need  a detailed look at how much of it needs to be emulated to get
the basic rendering in dillo done.

Richard