On Tue, May 21, 2002 at 12:18:57AM +0100, Roy Wood wrote:

> No we won't. Look. No one has to pay for SMSQ/E twice. If you have a
> copy of SMSQ/E for your platform then upgrades are free. I feel that
> many of you think that the rule that binaries should not be distributed
> for free applies to upgrades. As far as Jochen and I see it does not.
> Upgrades are always available and always free if the version number does
> not change (i.e. the bit before the '.'. I cannot see this happening)

lack of foresight? We are at version 2.98 now, the sources Wolfgang
received are already different from 2.98 so they would have to be
called 2.99 if they were released as a version. So the next bugfix
after that will cause version 3.00 to be released? Many programs
expect the version to be a plain long word so you can't easilly
call it 2.99a or something like that.

Richard