??? 5/11/2002 5:35:37 ??, ?/? Marcel Kilgus <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> ??????:

>> My mistake, I set up Opera to word wrap at 60 columns and forgot to switch it
back (:-)

>Even then it shouldn't break quotes. Typical OE bug. Now your lines
>are BTW much too long.

That was due to my editing not Opera... That's one of the disadvantages of plain
text... ie it's kinda stupid (Next version is a lot better.. .I looked into the
sources...
(I am registered under Opera's CSV system btw) and it is a lot more clever.

<snip>

Nuff said here :-)

>True.

Actually on the background I/O thing a discussion with Nasta 2 days ago (again I
haven't looked at the sources yet... I will sometime soon I hope) enlightened me
(as it always happens after a discussion of Nasta... I got off knowing a lot more
stuff than I did before) is that the principles to allow it are already there but the
control mechanism isn't. IN PRINCIPLE (and I stretch the word) it shouldn't be too
difficult to implement together with a host of other features which are pre-
conceived but not implemented... As I understand it TT always put a lot of work in
expandability although sometimes forgot to tell us the features are there already ;-)

<Snip>
>It was not my idea but I also didn't disagree. Look at the sources
>when you get them. An unbelievable big amount of work has gone into
>it. As far as I know Tony didn't earn anything near the amount of
>money his work was worth. Therefore the idea that he still gets some
>minor money, just as a little appreciation.
>Please also keep in mind that Tony didn't have to give everything
>away. If he hadn't SMSQ/E would still cost serious money and he would
>get much more out of each sale.

I have no doubt about that and put under that "heading" (appreciation that is) then
yes by all means... It may seem like word play but it's important (at least to me :-)
- Okay I know I am weird :-). As for what he HAD to do.. I totally agree and for
that I think we're all thankful :-)

>Of course. Nobody denied that ;)

Now that's democracy at work ain't it?

Phoebus :-)