Hi again,

> With regard to the payment thing I think that we each should bear
> responsibility for our own sales.

I'd rather prefer this too. This helps avoid "mistunderstandings"
right from the start.

> That said I think that an SMSQ/E
> Citibank account would be a good idea. We could all pay in, email the
> remittance advice to Wolfgang and let him pass it on to Tony. Credit
> Card collection is not expensive in terms of the percentage taken but
> all Merchant Services now insist on a terminal which you have to rent.
> This would be more than the account would generate given that I have, as
> predicted, sold one copy of SMSQ/E since the new licence fee came into
> place. I believe that Jochen's sales, apart from QPC2 are similar,  and
> D&D would seem to have sold very few too.

Good idea. They are present in most countries in Europe,
Belgium, France, Greece, Spain, Italy, Jersey, Switzerland, Luxemburg
etc. ... and twice in the UK: Great Britain, Citibank IPB/PBG and
England, Citibank Intl. PLC (any idea where the difference is), and,
of course, the US. For Europe, the money transfer should be INSTANT
(i.e. you press the button on the Citibank terminal or enter the TAN in
your browser) and the money is IN the other account, I was told.
I have checked my online banking, all European branches are available.
And it is free of charge here.

To my knowledge the only bank which offers worldwide services
(well, they claim they are the largest worldwide working bank), and
so far I was able to take money from my account free of charge when
I was in the US, UK etc., I was able to manage my account on their
touchscreen terminals etc.

The only other banking network which was (*WAS*) reasonably
cheap was the post, but that's history. Most of the contracts between the
countries are cancelled, you can't get money in other countries as easily and
cheap as you could 3 or 4 years ago, and the fees are ridiculously high!
A cheque from a Belgium or French Postbank cannot be handled or cleared by
any bank in Germany (no contracts anymore) except for the Deutsche
Postbank, and they charge EUR 15,-!!

Sending money around (throughout Europe is bad, worldwide is VERY
bad) is either unreliable, or reliable but unaffordable (Western Union),
or both. For 10 or 20 EUR, I suggest you send cash.
As soon as banks get involved, it gets expensive most of the time.
The only positive execption seems to be Citibank (Germany), but
the account and transfer costs seem to differ from country to country.

Jochen

  • ... Lafe McCorkle
  • ... Tony Firshman
  • ... Marcel Kilgus