Third attempt to send this mail. At least none of the first two came
back to me.

Joachim Van der Auwera wrote:
> The slower loading is mainly caused by the precalculated fonts. When ProWesS
> is configured to have no precalculated fonts, the system will be much
> faster. This would however affect the performance later on.

So what's the optimum settings for the font cache? I must say that I
still don't use ProWesS because even scrolling one line in "ProWesS
config" for example takes about one second.
I have tried many settings but not much luck so far.
Any other tuning tips?

Maybe the anti-aliasing should be optional. Not only because it slows
things down but because for me it blurs small fonts too much.

BTW: Is there a ProWesS font similar to MS Times?

What I like most about ProWesS is the "type" concept. I actually
started writing replacement 3D types some years ago but never had the
time to continue.

Marcel