Phoebus Dokos wrote:
> On SMSQ/E v.2y99 on the QXL with Mode 4 it's as fast as WMAN (using the "trick"
> with the fonts, ProWesS reader renders almost as fast as any Windows program)
> and if you use the gcc compiled version (available from www.dokos-gr.net/
> ~dj/indexsms.html )

That and the anti-aliasing obviously was it. I thought I'm already
using the GCC compiled version, but I did play around with it a lot
while developing the mode32 driver, so I might have changed it again
or whatever. Anyway, it's now really a lot faster than before, very
good.

Unfortunately the pre-compiled GCC version on your site is an older
one which still inhibits a bug in the clipping algorithm (can be seen
in Paragraph). Can anybody compile a new version?

> Yes the "Guardian" (Times, Guardian... once you see one newspaper
> you've seen 'em all ;-) font by me, freely available via the usual
> sources :-) (Shameless plug I know... but in any case its frei as
> you Germans say ;-)

Yes, already discovered that one :) In 12pt size it looks really good.

>>What I like most about ProWesS is the "type" concept. I actually
>>started writing replacement 3D types some years ago but never had the
>>time to continue.

I think I really should continue doing that. It is now reasonably fast
here and with some modified types it could look really cool.

Did anybody else experience a problem that sometimes PW applications
just won't start? The job is created but then nothing more happens. It
happens often enough here to be considered "reproducible"

I also succeeded in crashing QPC completely a few times (e.g. once by
hitting "Quit" in the calculator). Can't really reproduce this one,
though.

Marcel