Την 21/12/2002 12:54:31 μμ, ο/η "Dilwyn Jones" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
έγραψε:

>> There is a screenshot on one of the last 3 QLTs (I forget which one
>now)... it's
>> easy to pass it over but pay attention and you will be amazed...
>Volume 7 Issue 3 contained that shameless bit of self-publicity.
>
>> With apologies to Jim, but I am always in favour of doing things in
>the simplest
>> possible way and Launchpad looks more like what I had in mind for a
>GUI...
>> (Not that I won't use QDT when it is released... I am waiting for it
>impatiently)
>Not everyone agrees with you. I will use Launchpad while still
>developing it of course, but for those who use modern QL systems, QDT
>will most likely be better suited to taking advantage of high colour
>modes and have many more bells and whistles I am sure. Launchpad will
>probably appeal more to those who like fairly basic simple no-frills
>systems, especially if running on pre-GD2 systems. There ample room
>for both, especially as it offers a degree of choice with both being
>best suited to different systems.
>

>> >If anyone on this list hasn't got QTrans - why not ? - then get it
>now !
>> >
>> >You will soon wonder how you ever managed without it.

>have wasted
>> >
>> >... oh no !!
>>

>> Oh goody :-) If it's anything like his snake (which I managed to
>make even harder
>> ;-) my wife is going to lose me for a couple of months again :-)
>Will appear on my website soon, I'll upload it same time just to keep
>Malcolm and Phoebus off the streets ;-))
>
>(Darren has disappeared to his girlfriend's place for a week to escape
>Decimal Invaders...he he)
>
>BTW, any chance of a copy of the new improved snake...or are you still
>working on it?

I still have to make a few changes to enable use on both Q40 and QPC/QXL

Resolution is one (although it will work on QPC2 which allows the 1024x512 I was
using) as the QXL cannot deal speed wise with high-colour in high resolutions....
640x480 works fine though

The otherone is converting the graphics (which my odyssey with Q40 Linux hasn't
allowed me to finish yet as I had to erase my partitions and still haven't got around
restoring them)...

Q-Word comes first and foremost in any case...

I just finished designing the Thor XVI's mode 12 graphics though (What's that? A
Thor Game?)... all I now need is some info on if Turbo was updated to pass colours
by fractional units...

Phoebus