> Floppy Speed:
>
> Floppy access on the Q40 has always been slow and I've wonder if
anyone has
> address this issue.  Is it possible to speed the access time, or is
it a
> hardware issue?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tim Swenson
Aside to this, saving to floppy disk from QPC2 on my PC has always
been incredibly slow, seems to take 3-4 times as long as QPC2 on my
wife's laptop. Reading disks is about the same, given that my PC is
333MHz processor speed, about twice the speed of her laptop (but
processor speed probably has nothing to do with floppy save times).
Never managed to resolve this, saving from Windows to floppy (e.g.
copying files) seems to take roughly the same time on both machines.
It's almost as though files are being saved byte by byte on my PC
rather than as one file.

Regarding the backup issue, could you attach either a zip drive or a
removable drive caddy to backup to a second hard drive?
--
Dilwyn Jones

        • ... Dilwyn Jones
        • ... derek stewart