Feature request: background recompiler + web server + reloader
In qooxdoo development, it's common practice to use a micro HTTP server
to run applications, eg. python -m SimpleHTTPServer, generate.py
source-server, editor/IDE embedded etc. This is because of limitations
of file:/// addressing scheme and CORS/XHR issues that it has.
QxCompiler is going to introduce another background process for live
code transpiling. Why not combining these two, so that the developer
doesn't have to launch two separate processes?
It should be pretty easy to serve static contents from Node. In the
future, automatic application reloading could be implemented, something
that is available now with generate.py watch + source-server-reload
jobs.
Dimitri