Ask Bjørn Hansen wrote:

> On May 9, 2009, at 19:21, Charlie Brady wrote:
>
> > If the assertion that the existing old simple version is useless is
> > correct, is there much justification for keeping the old simple
> > version?
> >
> > This is really a namespace issue, I think. Should "check_spamhelo"
> > belong to an old simple ineffective plugin, or a newer, and
> > presumably more useful, one?
>
> As much as it sucks to lose the old simple plugins for examples, I
> think I could go for replacing it with a newer one.

The old plugin isn't ineffective at all, it's just very basic.

If the newer one is going to have different behavior, or doesn't
support the old config file, it'll potentially break people who
upgrade.  (And people don't read documentation or check the changes
file -- it just doesn't happen.)  The easiest way around that is to
make the new version have a different name.

-R