On 05/21/2009 02:56 PM, Ask Bjørn Hansen wrote:

On May 21, 2009, at 12:30, J wrote:

The prefork in 0.81 can only listen on one.  The next release will
support
listening on multiple addresses&  ports in prefork, just as
forkserver does.

Any idea when that might be?

Probably in about 4-6 weeks.  My plan is to do a release at least
every 3 months; or when there are significant changes/bugfixes -
whichever comes first.

You might want to consider the multiple-addresses/ports thing to be significant enough to warrant an early release; I noticed a bit ago that the stock debian package had switched to prefork, but had to revert back to forkserver because of the regression on that issue. Food for thought.

Of course, someone could also just advice the debian maintainer to apply that patch to the debian package :)

-Jared