I agree that you are over paying for ADL'S. $30/hr is nurse pay. not CNA.
I live in rural area. Agencys here pay workers $9.50/hour for part time.
Other pays $14/hour.
If I paid $30/hour, there would be a line of people wanting the job.

You should look to hire young people just out of school. I know that they might not have experience but you could train them. or an elder person who just wants to help around house.
derrick