We at Boinx Software would definitely pour resources into an Open Source
version and I know of several others who would do the same.

Best,

Oliver.

Am Freitag, 21. November 2014 schrieb Jim :

>  Whilst i think the idea of making QC open source could be great i do
> wonder if there is a large enough community of developers with the impetus
> and skills to fix and maintain Quartz Composer to a usable standard?
>
> --
>

> Jim Warrier
>

> Audio Visual Performer
>

>  destroythingsbeautiful.com | www.modulate.org.uk
>
> On Friday, 21 November 2014 at 11:29, Joe Rickerby wrote:
>
> I think open-sourcing is the only chance QC has at this point.
>
> But I think the prospect of Apple open sourcing QC is complicated by the
> fact the QuartzComposer framework is embedded into Quartz. This means there
> are apps out there that are using classes like QCRenderer, QCView to
> implement graphics.
>
> If Apple open-sources QC, they have a choice between deprecating the QC
> classes (breaking third party apps) or bundling code that comes from an
> open source project they don’t entirely control.
>
> Joe
>
> On 21 Nov 2014, at 8:35 am, Dan Gregor <danin...@gmail.com
> <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','danin...@gmail.com');>> wrote:
>
> oh no, i can't still believe this, such a shame! there isn't any software
> on a market with a same good potential as QC had. QC should be a future.
> shame on apple, shame on all apple managers!
> what about Chris Wright, can't he push apple to make QC as a open source?
> what would be the price for QC source code?
> very sad..
> Dan Gregor

> <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','usefuldesign...@gmail.com');>>:
>
> Maybe some can start a crowdfunded community campaign to get Apple (and
> other large software companies) to Open Source EOL software that wont
> unduly compete with their existing products?
>
> Not for me I have no time but can't see Apple resisting a Green My Apple
> scale campaign for too long… they're sitting on more cash assets than most
> nations in the world today, think of the good they could do and brownie
> points they would score.
>

> On 21 Nov 2014, at 11:13 am, Juan Madrigal <jua...@mac.com
> <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','jua...@mac.com');>> wrote:
>
> > They should have open sourced Final Cut Server, Shake and Color when
> they EOL'D them but they didn't.
> >
> > Great software that's collecting dust.
> >
> > It's sad.
> >
> > -Juan
> >
> > Sent from my iPad
> >
> > On Nov 20, 2014, at 9:33 PM, Rick Mann <rm...@latencyzero.com
> <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','rm...@latencyzero.com');>> wrote:
> >
> >> I certainly don't want to see it go, and I don't want to use
> cross-platform apps. They universally suck.
> >>
> >> If Apple won't continue to support QC, perhaps they should open source
> it instead.

> Composer bugs are being closed with the message

> issue.

> long standing bugs despite its continued use in many high profile live
> shows and deep integration with real time video apps.

> [...]

Boinx Software Ltd. Niederlassung Deutschland
Lilienthalstr. 1 - 82178 Puchheim - Germany
Tel: 089/8400550 - www.boinx.com/contact/

Director: Oliver Breidenbach
Registergericht München: HRB 168521