[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Danny Mayer) writes:

>Unruh wrote:
>> All I say is that the experiments I have carried out show that ntp is slow
>> to converge if it starts of badly, and leaves the offset scatter larger
>> than chrony does. It does have a smaller scatter in the rate.
>>

>But you are using an extremely old version of ntp and things have
>radically changed since that version was released. Try rerunning you
>experiments with ntp 4.2.4 and see what you get then. You also need to
>fix your calculations if you are going to get good results as I
>mentioned in a previous message.

Most of the standard deviation results are with 4.2.4. Only the startup was
with 4.2.0. Are you saying that "things have radically changed" in the
handling of the startup? After I collect more data on steady state, I will
rerun startups both with no drift file and a bad drift file to see how fast
the convergence is with 4.2.4.