Petri Kaukasoina wrote:
> Basically, it stepped time with ntpdate, slept 100 seconds and stepped time
> again with ntpdate. From the time adjustment, the script calculated the
> drift value and put that to the drift file. Again, the time offset always
> stays below 1 ms.

That has quite a lot of similarity with what ntpd itself does if it is
cold started with iburst.  The only big difference is that it uses 900,
rather than 100 seconds.  I don't know if that is the same 900 as
controlled by "tinker stepout", but, even if it is, the side effect on
stepout's would probably be undesirable.  To cold start you need to
delete the drift file, or not configure it.