Exactly as Liam wrote, except that it is usually uncommon to find real data
that are "overdispersed phylogenetically," so normally one finds that the P
values when done phylogenetically are larger (less significant) than when done
via conventional, non-phylogenetic ANOVA.  I'd be curious what your data are
and how they appear to be scattered across the tips of your phylogeny.  Are
they really overdispersed?

Cheers,
Ted

Theodore Garland, Jr.
Professor
Department of Biology
University of California, Riverside
Riverside, CA 92521
Office Phone:  (951) 827-3524
Wet Lab Phone:  (951) 827-5724
Dry Lab Phone:  (951) 827-4026
Home Phone:  (951) 328-0820
Facsimile:  (951) 827-4286 = Dept. office (not confidential)
Email:  tgarl...@ucr.edu

Main Departmental page:
http://www.biology.ucr.edu/people/faculty/Garland.html

List of all Publications: