Hi Karla.

phytools has a function called ratebytree for this. This essentially corresponds to the 'censored' model of O'Meara et al. 2006, but we also have a submitted manuscript describing it. I can send you that in a second email.

For more information about using the function you can search for 'ratebytree' on my blog, blog.phytools.org.

All the best, Liam

Liam J. Revell, Associate Professor of Biology
University of Massachusetts Boston
web: http://faculty.umb.edu/liam.revell/
email: liam.rev...@umb.edu
blog: http://blog.phytools.org