On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 5:36 PM, newenglandbike <matthiasbe...@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Feb 2, 8:02 pm, cyclotourist <cyclotour...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Yes!  I already mentioned I hope it has... get this... room for 60mm
> tires
> > and no TCO!  :-)
> >
> > But I understand if it doesn't.  That's the extreme end of the design
> > spectrum, and may not be one of the goals.  That doesn't mean it's
> covered
> > in mucus, either!
> >
> > :-)
>

> If that's the case then you might want to look at a 559 or 584 (650b)
> wheel-size bike, like a 56cm Atlantis or a 56cm Bombadil(?)    I don't
> think you can get 60mm tires on either, though, but 60mm is pretty
> fat.   I think those frames max out at 52mm.    The Surly might be
> able to fit it, I'm not sure.    I think you mentioned in the other
> thread that the 60cm Bombadil is too big for you, but the 56 would
> probably fit, and it has 650b wheels and zero chance of overlap.   I
> have a 56cm Bombadil and really could not be happier with it.
>
> --

Those are considerations, but I have a FANTASTIC 622 wheelset built up.  I'd
like to stick with that size.  I know, gotta' compromise somewhere, right...

Will wait and see how the HOP (Hunquopillar) shapes up.  Luckily I know I
can go order a Karate Monkey in a second and it will meet all my needs.
Just trying to keep it in the family, ya' know :-)

--
Cheers,
David

"Bicycling is a big part of the future. It has to be. There is something
wrong with a society that drives a car to workout in a gym."  ~Bill Nye,
scientist guy