> Toe overlap is not a problem because riding and cornering at normal
> speed the front wheel never turns far enough for the toe to hit the
> front wheel. The only time it becomes an issue is when turning sharply
> at a very slow speed; doing a U-turn on a very narrow road for
> example.

This is just untrue. Toe clip overlap is also a problem climbing very
steep roads at very slow speeds. At least, it is for me. I had a
Romulus, and I would regularly hit my foot on the wheel on climbs.
Since I like to climb, I traded my Romulus (with 700 c wheels) for an
Atlantis (with smaller wheels).

--
-- Anne Paulson

He who wills the ends wills the means