The LC-PCC Policy Statement 2.8.6.6 says:

1. Supply a date of publication that corresponds to the copyright date, in square brackets, if it seems reasonable to assume that date is a likely publication date.

If you supply a probable date, then you don't need to record the copyright date, although you certainly can. So with a c2005 date on your piece, you would do either:

264 _1 $c [2005]

Type of date: s

Dates: 2005,####

or you could do:

264 _1 $c [2005]
264 _4 $c (c)2005

Type of date: t

Dates: 2005, 2005

The LC-PCC PS also says:

2. If the copyright date is for the year following the year in which the publication is received, supply a date of publication that corresponds to the copyright date.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Adam L. Schiff
Principal Cataloger
University of Washington Libraries