From: Resource Description and Access / Resource Description and Access
[mailto:RDA-L@LISTSERV.LAC-BAC.GC.CA] On Behalf Of Gene Fieg
Sent: Monday, October 22, 2012 4:24 PM
To: RDA-L@LISTSERV.LAC-BAC.GC.CA
Subject: Re: [RDA-L] "Date of publication not identified" & DtSt, Dates

I have also seen both dates entered in the description.  Patrons will think we
are nuts when they see the display.
On Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 12:56 PM, Joan Wang
<jw...@illinoisheartland.org<mailto:jw...@illinoisheartland.org>> wrote:
AACR2 requires to record publication date and copyright date if they are
different. But RDA does not have the same rule. So in AACR2 records, we see
different dates in 008 field, and would not see the same dates appearing. But
in RDA records we can see the same dates in 008 field.

Joan Wang

On Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 2:47 PM, Benjamin A Abrahamse