24.11.2012 11:37, Heidrun Wiesenmüller:

 ... BIBFRAME simply _must_ be able to
model RDA data in the necessary granularity and specificity.

That should indeed go without saying. And besides, it ought to be
integrated with RDA documentation as well, so as to enable linking
in both directions. When using the BIBFRAME documentation, as soon
as it will replace MARC, it must be possible to find pertinent rules
for any data element, and the other way. That means, BIBFRAME will
have to become integrated into the Toolkit. As well as with other
rules it will be employed to support. Data entry and editing have
long since been in need of enhancements in these regards. Now,
finally, the chances should be realized. And I mean, what chances does
RDA stand for optimal implementation if there is suboptimal support
at the input and editing stage. Or only unaffordable support!

And that raises another question:

Before engaging in heated debates about all sorts of big
issues as well as detail, we need to know who will eventually
be the owner of BIBFRAME and in what form and under what conditions
it will be made available: liberally like MARC, or under a global
monopoly licensing scheme like RDA.

B.Eversberg