Am 26.11.2012 09:43, schrieb Heidrun Wiesenmüller:

But I still find it very hard to accept that BIBFRAME in its first
draft (if I understand it correctly) doesn't seem to accommodate for
modeling a work in the abstract FRBR sense - at least not in the
bibliographic part of BIBFRAME. Perhaps it would be possible to model
a FRBR work in the "Authority" section of BIBFRAME, as obviously a
FRBR work can be a subject. I share Robert Maxwell's concern, though,
that BIBFRAME here seems to codify a certain form of technical
implementation, namely that of bibliographic vs. authority data. ...

A lot of speculation. We have to simply ask for the reasoning that
resulted in the draft as it is. Maybe - another speculation - they came
to the conclusion (after studying Jim Weinheimer's musings, for
instance) that WEMI is impracticable or not desirable or not worth the
time and effort.
Is there none of the insiders here to provide some background on all
this?

B.E.