Please excuse the cross-posting ...

Dear All,

It is safe to say that many catalogers are disastisfied with the 336-338 as
a replacement for the GMD.
I know that many people are opting to do some sort of awkward work-around
to insert a GMD into RDA records that come into their systems. (I really do
not want to do that.)
I know that some people are continuing to catalog using AACR2 and adding in
the RDA fields, creating a hybrid record ... mainly so that they can keep
the GMD ... until some more satisfactory solution comes about. (I'd rather
not do that, either.)
Has anyone come up with any other options or solutions as the RDA cutover
date for the national and PCC libraries nears? (2 months to go!)
Cheers,
Julie Moore

--
Julie Renee Moore
Head of Cataloging

“Those who bring sunshine to the lives of others cannot keep it from
themselves.”... James Matthew Barrie