From: Resource Description and Access / Resource Description and Access
[mailto:RDA-L@LISTSERV.LAC-BAC.GC.CA] On Behalf Of Kathleen Lamantia
Sent: Thursday, January 31, 2013 7:33 AM
To: RDA-L@LISTSERV.LAC-BAC.GC.CA
Subject: Re: [RDA-L] GMD revisited

We will do the same, and, we will add gmd back in manually to the 245|h.  I am
not sure that part will continue, but staff will be very unhappy if we
discontinue them.  GMD in 245|h is used very heavily by circ staff when
assisting patrons.  We are also a III library, so icons work for the public
display, but do not show in the Millennium view which staff use. Those
miserable 3xx fields convey no comprehensible information to staff.

[cid:image001.png@01CDFF9B.80049490]
Kathleen F. Lamantia, MLIS
Technical Services Librarian
330-458-2723