From: Lynne LaBare, Senior Librarian/Cataloger
Sent: Monday, October 14, 2013 11:57 AM
To: RDA-L@LISTSERV.LAC-BAC.GC.CA
Subject: Re: [RDA-L] RDA name authorities |c (Fictitious character)

Mac,

I am concerned that in all our discussions of fictitious characters as
preferred access points, our many patrons will be confused (not to mention
bemused) by the direction we are taking. That said, I like your idea of adding
the Rowling cross reference to Biddle. That would neatly direct the patron who
actually searched for works by J.K. Rowling to Biddle the Bard.  BTW the
fictitious character is Geronimo Stilton.

Thanks for your input!  I save most of your comments in my RDA folder--along
with Bob Maxwell's and other frequent contributors who know far more about RDA
than I ever will.

Lynne J. LaBare
Senior Librarian, Cataloger
Provo Library at Academy Square
550 North University Avenue Provo, Utah 84601-1618
801.852.7672
801.852.6670 (fax)
Email: lyn...@provo.lib.ut.us