On Dec 19, 2016, at 6:22 PM, Brian Kelley wrote:
> I had thought about making a CanonicalAtomOrder function that does this as
> well, or perhaps making a MolToSmiles variant.

I learned about this function from Noel's blog post at
https://nextmovesoftware.com/blog/2013/07/01/accessing-smiles-atom-order/ ,
which uses the C++ API.

I would like a variant more along those lines, like:

  MolToSmiles(mol, isomericSmiles=None, .... allHsExplicit=False,
atomOrder=None)

where if I pass in:

  atomOrder = []
  MolToSmiles(mol, atomOrder=atomOrder)

then I get the list of indices in atomOrder, rather than a per-molecule
property.

atomOrder=None can do the existing behavior.

Cheers,

                                Andrew
                                da...@dalkescientific.com