Ray,
I'm in the same situation. My strategic plan was to work into early old age
( in 20-25 years). But now, I spend half of my time troubleshooting and
replacing equipment on my dime. Between that, competing with Grid-Tied
guys, and having to justify my mark-up to clients comparing my pricing to
NAZ's, It's just not worth it anymore. Where I'm at, there's little
commercial or industrial electrical work to be had so it's likely my future
is pulling rope through attics and crawl spaces.

Yes, the Magnum equipment produced for the first five or so years was
extremely reliable. Same for the Outback, maybe less so. I was thinking
that the only repairs I had to make on SWs was replacing transfer relays
and that was only a few out of countless systems. I think it was Bob-O who
many years ago introduced me to the saying "it's a race to the bottom" : )

I tried EG4's in my own system when at 15 years my Rolls reached the end. I
also tried them in a customers system. Absolute nightmare. I don't know
which is worse, the batteries or Signature Solar.

Michael Morningstar

Morningstar Electric Inc

PO Box 1494

Mount Shasta, CA 96067