Jason,
  Just using the converter works fine. They are considered a battery
charger or a regulated power supply. I am currently running that way now
with the battery cables going nowhere.  I was thinking of putting the
battery back in the system just for triple redundancy when my inverter hits
low battery cutoff voltage on a cold winter night and no fuel for the
generator (or it won't start).
My Iota DLS puts out a regulated 13.4 volts up to 30 amps.

John