Hi, everyone.

I got this from another list.  It sounds interesting.  I have not tried it so
don’t know how it tastes.

Becky

Basil-Mint Lemonade Recipe | wokwithray.net- Filipino & Asian Home
Style Cooking

Yesterday we stopped into an Asian eatery. My daughter and I shared a
glass of lemonade. It didn't taste like plain American version but I
couldn't put my finger on what was different. The glass had pulp on
the bottom which was to me anyway refreshing. The following recipe
sounds like a wonderful summer treat.

Now to start a new mint plant.
In the meantime I'll have to pick up some mint. I have basil coming
out my ears from our garden.
INGREDIENTS:

1 ¾ – 2 cups of lemon juice (about 10 to 12 lemons)
8 cups of water
Basil-mint simple syrup
Ice cubes

DIRECTIONS:
1. Squeeze lemons to get 1 ¾ to 2 cups of lemon juice (remove all seeds).
2. In a large pitcher, mix cooled ** basil-mint simple syrup, lemon
juice, and 8 cups of water.
3. Add more sugar if you prefer.
4. Serve with ice (preferably chilled overnight)

** Basil-Mint Simple Syrup Ingredients
1 bunch of basil
1 bunch of mint – leave a few for garnishing
2 cups water
2 cups sugar

Basil-Mint Simple Syrup Cooking Directions:
1. On medium heat, mix water and sugar in medium saucepan. Heat until
sugar and water are dissolved.
2. Wash basil and mint and remove stems.
3. Add the basil and mint leaves to the saucepan, stir, and simmer for
about 7 minutes.
4. Turn off heat and cool syrup to room temperature.
5. When cooled, transfer mixture to the lemonade by using a strainer.
6. Discard the leaves.
7. Garnish with the leftover mint leaves.