RED NEWS - MUFC Daily News by Email.
For the very latest news, the forum, and more check out the website at
http://www.rednews.co.uk
For United books, videos, DVDs etc http://www.rednews.co.uk/ama.php?id=amazon

---------------------------------
[20] Van der Sar on International retirement
---------------------------------
Posted Tuesday, June 27, 2006 by ed:
"This is not the right moment [to decide]. I still have a really bitter feeling
about our elimination. It's better to take some time first. I will sleep on it
for a couple of nights and then discuss it with the people for whom such a
decision also has consequences. Because of this defeat it doesn't feel at all
like a milestone. I must get through the misery first to be able to fully
appreciate the appearance record."

Marco van Basten

"I have already spoken to him, but he wants some thinking time. I can only hope
that he stays with us. Edwin is not only in the best of shape, he has also
proven himself to be a perfect team captain. He is an absolute asset to the
team."

If you haven't already signed up to e.bay.co.uk - quick and easy to do - do so
and each registration when you make a bid on ebay.co.uk within the first 30
days helps this site.

 http://www.qksrv.net/click-795737-5048476 Register on eBay.co.uk!
Check http://www.rednews.co.uk to view the image which has been removed from
plain text email version of news

 http://www.qksrv.net/click-795737-5826355
Check http://www.rednews.co.uk to view the image which has been removed from
plain text email version of news

And you can join up and if you use e.bay.com for a bid within 30 days that
helps us too

 http://www.qksrv.net/click-795737-5377629

 http://www.dpbolvw.net/click-2051413-10294323

Check http://www.rednews.co.uk to view the image which has been removed from
plain text email version of news

---------------------------------
[19] Reyes hits out at Silvestre
---------------------------------
Posted Tuesday, June 27, 2006 by ed:
“I think it is nonsense for Silvestre to try and heat up the game and it is
because they are nervous about being eliminated by Spain. Henry knows well that
Aragones is not a racist person. I do not even know if it is true what the
Manchester United player has said about our manager, but he is making a big
mistake if he is calling him racist. This was all cleared up 18 months ago so I
don’t understand why he has to talk about this topic now.”

---------------------------------
[18] ROnaldo on England match
---------------------------------
Posted Tuesday, June 27, 2006 by ed:
“I hope the game against England is a good show. And I also hope we can keep
all 11 players on the field this time. If things go that way, the game will be
more beautiful than the Holland match. I hope we can win. Each game we win we
are growing in confidence and that will help us win the next game. Portugal are
going far in this tournament and I’m happy with that. I’ve certainly made my
contribution.”

Portugal Team doctor Henrique Jones

“At this moment Cristiano has an 80 per cent chance of playing on Saturday. If
he had carried on playing he would have risked making the injury much worse. If
things go as we expect he will definitely play.”

---------------------------------
[17] Ruud on Portugal match
---------------------------------
Posted Tuesday, June 27, 2006 by ed:
"The ref was fooled. Some of the Portugal players were very good at targeting
those of us already on a yellow card."

---------------------------------
[16] More transfer talk
---------------------------------
Posted Tuesday, June 27, 2006 by ed:
More Kalinichenko

>From Ukraine web-site "Sport"
 http://football.sport.com.ua/news.phtml?id=15496
http://football.sport.com.ua/news.phtml?id=15496

- Did you hear about intersest from United?
- Yes. I`ve heard but never had any confirmation. I think it`s just rumours.
Anyway all I saw in the internet about me was so far from the truth that I even
don`t want to make any comments. I saw an article where my German agent speaks
to English agents. I`ve never had any Russian, Ukraine or German agents at all!

from Vadim
Moscow Reds

---------------------------------
[15] Guardian on Ronaldo
---------------------------------
Posted Tuesday, June 27, 2006 by ed:
'Overtures from representatives of Real Madrid presidential candidate Juan
Miguel Villar Mir have prompted Cristiano Ronaldo to announce his desire to
leave Manchester United for the nine-times European champions.
"I have told my agent that I would like to leave," the Portuguese winger told
Spanish daily Marca. "I want to do so in the best way possible. I want to play
for Madrid and I dream about it."

Currently recovering from a thigh injury sustained in Portugal's brutal
encounter with Holland on Sunday night, Ronaldo says he has been impressed by
Villar Mir, a 74-year-old lawyer, former Spanish finance minister and Madrid's
vice-0president in the 1990s - and his running mate, rally driver Carlos Sainz.

"They have explained their sports project and the next step is for them to talk
to Manchester United to negotiate and when they reach an agreement, then we
will look at my situation and my contract," added the 21-year-old, who is
contracted to United until 2010. Marca reports that Villar Mir has promised
Ronaldo a four-year contract and an annual salary of £2.75m.
But unsurprisingly, there has been talk of skullduggery in the run-up to
Sunday's poll of Real Madrid's 65,000 members, with Ronaldo declaring that he
has also been the subject of illegally approaches from several other Real
Madrid presidential hopefuls. "[They] wanted me to sign a document and this
would be against my club, Manchester United," he explained. "This isn't legal
and I would never do it. Both Villar Mir and Carlos Sainz have promised that
they would talk to the club."

Ronaldo joined Manchester United from Sporting Lisbon in 2003, taking over the
No7 shirt vacated by David Beckham when he left for the Bernabéu. Madrid's
election will select a replacement for Fernando Martin, who was forced to
resign in April, two months after being selected by his predecessor, Florentino
Pérez. Should Villar Mir win, he has also promised to install Arsenal manager
Arsène Wenger in the dual roles of head coach and director of football.'

var uri = 'http://impgb.tradedoubler.com/imp/img/512755/608750?' + new String
(Math.random()).substring (2, 11);document.write('
http://clkuk.tradedoubler.com/click?p=19134&a=608750&g=512755
Check http://www.rednews.co.uk to view the image which has been removed from
plain text email version of news
');

---------------------------------
[14] Tord Grip on Rooney
---------------------------------
Posted Tuesday, June 27, 2006 by ed:
“Even before that match, Rooney was saying he could do extra-time as well, if
it came to it. Now he is saying it again, this time with even more confidence
because he lasted a full 90 minutes for the first time. He wants to prove he
can do 120 minutes if needed.”

---------------------------------
[13] SUN on Ruud
---------------------------------
Posted Tuesday, June 27, 2006 by ed:
'Ruud van Nistelrooy may be left out in the cold by Holland as well as
Manchester United — after a training-ground bust-up with Dutch coach Marco van
Basten. The United outcast played no part in Holland’s 1-0 second-round defeat
by Portugal on Sunday because Van Basten was appalled by his attitude after
being axed from the starting line-up. Van Basten made the decision because Van
Nistelrooy refused to show any effort in Friday’s training after being told he
would not start the game — and again showed a poor attitude in the pre-match
warm-up.'

---------------------------------
[12] Rio on Ronaldo
---------------------------------
Posted Tuesday, June 27, 2006 by ed:
"Th battle against Ronaldo and Ashley Cole was one of the highlights of Euro
2004 and I expect similar quality. Cristiano has the ability to be one of the
best players in the world. If he carries on improving he will be one of the
best in the world. He'll be a danger if he plays against us. Cristiano could be
one of the best players in the world. He'll be a danger if he plays against us."

---------------------------------
[11] Ruud on Holland
---------------------------------
Posted Tuesday, June 27, 2006 by ed:
"It's painful to be left out when you want to help the team. If we are winning
3-0 then it's not necessary to bring me on. You don't need to play me if we are
winning. Van Basten chose to start with Dirk Kuyt, then he brought on Rafael
van der Vaart and then Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink. That's the reality of the
situation. As a person, you need to be big and brave. I am a proud Dutchman, so
I will never quit the national team."

---------------------------------
[10] Order the Red News Summer mag... not on sale at any game and only
available via mail order... HERE!
---------------------------------
Posted Tuesday, June 27, 2006 by ed:
The Red News Summer Special (issue 126) is out on July 14th and is ONLY
available by online or mail order. So order Red News 126 here! This will not be
sold at any game.

United's First Fanzine. Now 19 years old!

Without the fanzine, and your support, there is no website.

Either send sterling cheque for £2.50 to Red News, P.O.Box 176, Manchester, M16
8LG made payable to Red News) or by credit card below (or we can ring you and
process it ourselves - send us your number to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

100% Independent. 100% Unofficial. Let's keep it that way.

RN126 Out end of June
RN125 Out Sunday May 7th
RN 124 Still available
RN 123 Exclusive Ole interview Still available
RN 121 George Best tribute Still available
RN 120 Still available
RN 119 Still available

In the UK £2.50 inc p&p each copy
ROW £3.50 inc p&p  each copy

To order a single copy click on

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_xclick&business=rednewsweb%40mac%2ecom&item_name=Red%20News%20Single%20Copy%20Order&item_number=Red%20News%20Single%20Copy%20Order&no_shipping=0&no_note=1&currency_code=GBP&bn=PP%2dBuyNowBF&charset=UTF%2d8

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_xclick&business=rednewsweb%40mac%2ecom&item_name=Red%20News%20Single%20Copy%20Order&item_number=Red%20News%20Single%20Copy%20Order&no_shipping=0&no_note=1&currency_code=GBP&bn=PP%2dBuyNowBF&charset=UTF%2d8

UK 10 issue sub £25.00 inc p&p
Europe 10 issue sub £30.00 inc p&p
Rest Of The World 10 issue sub £35.00 inc p&p

All our t-shirts - Some classic designs

 http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shoptsht.htm
http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shoptsht.htm

ECF '68 High Quality retro Shirts with Hand Embroided Crest. Order by credit
card or cheque at...

 http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shopec68.htm
http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shopec68.htm

NEW UNOFFICIAL 'ALTERNATIVE' HOME SHIRTS - £5 to Phoenix Fund

 http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shop64.htm
http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shop64.htm

 http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shop65.htm
http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shop65.htm

And those kind hearted souls out there can help with our costs by making an
online donation via paypal. Doesn't matter how small the amount is, every bit
helps with our costs - thanks. click on.

https://www.paypal.com/xclick/business=rednewsweb%40aol.com&item_name=Red+News+donation&item_number=RN+donation&cn=Donate+to+Online+or+Fanzine%3F&tax=0&curr

https://www.paypal.com/xclick/business=rednewsweb%40aol.com&item_name=Red+News+donation&item_number=RN+donation&cn=Donate+to+Online+or+Fanzine%3F&tax=0&curr

Please fill in the price column online accordingly and state which issue or
offer when you are ordering.

Subscribe to Red News, the actual printed fanzine. 10 issue offer.

Make sure you get EVERY issue of Red News, sent to your door! Thanks to our
link with the safe, simple to use and world wide massively known paypal you can
now order your 10 issue subscription to Red News via credit card - Visa,
Mastercard, Amex, Switch or Solo - payment in pounds sterling, ordering online
from wherever you live in the world, getting the mag direct to your door for a
bargain price. Or send sterling cheque to Red News, P.O.Box 176, Manchester,
M16 8LG.

Your support by doing this keeps the mag and site afloat.

To order the 10 issue sub click on

All our t-shirts - Some classic designs

 http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shoptsht.htm
http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shoptsht.htm

ECF '68 High Quality retro Shirts with Hand Embroided Crest. Order by credit
card or cheque at...

 http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shopec68.htm
http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shopec68.htm

NEW UNOFFICIAL 'ALTERNATIVE' HOME SHIRTS - £5 to Phoenix Fund

 http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shop64.htm
http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shop64.htm

 http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shop65.htm
http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shop65.htm

---------------------------------
[9] Another transfer 'link'
---------------------------------
Posted Tuesday, June 27, 2006 by ed:
 http://www.clubcall.com/index.jsp?storyID=9850
http://www.clubcall.com/index.jsp?storyID=9850

American superstar Freddy Adu has confirmed he will be leaving DC United after
the current MLS season ends. The 17-year-old continues to be linked with a move
to Old Trafford, although Premiership Champions Chelsea reportedly remain
interested. "I will be going overseas - that is my goal," confirmed Adu. With
the current MLS season well underway, Adu could be available to move to Europe
in January.

---------------------------------
[8] United People CD... just £7.99
---------------------------------
Posted Tuesday, June 27, 2006 by ed:
United People CD - United music for just £7.99 inc p&p in UK!

Check http://www.rednews.co.uk to view the image which has been removed from
plain text email version of news

Price just £7.99 inc p&p UK
£9.99 ROW inc p&p

you can order by credit card - Visa, Mastercard, Amex, Switch or Solo - via Red
News and the safe, secure paypal.

Enter product code UtdPeopcd

https://www.paypal.com/xclick/business=rednewsweb%40aol.com&undefined_quantity=1&item_name=Boylie%27s+CD+or+tape&item_number=Boyle&cn=CD+or+tape+-+Please+state&currency_code=GBP

https://www.paypal.com/xclick/business=rednewsweb%40aol.com&undefined_quantity=1&item_name=Boylie%27s+CD+or+tape&item_number=Boyle&cn=CD+or+tape+-+Please+state&currency_code=GBP

---------------------------------
[7] More Ruud
---------------------------------
Posted Tuesday, June 27, 2006 by ed:
"I must get away from the World Cup and deal with it, then I will think about
my future.  Maybe in this coming week we have to see what United do and if
there are a lot of teams getting involved. Whatever happens will happen. I have
to assess that and see what is best for me."

---------------------------------
[6] FREE matched £40 bet
---------------------------------
Posted Tuesday, June 27, 2006 by ed:
 http://www.kqzyfj.com/click-2051413-10351781

Check http://www.rednews.co.uk to view the image which has been removed from
plain text email version of news

---------------------------------
[5] More Ronaldo... is any of this really a surprise?
---------------------------------
Posted Tuesday, June 27, 2006 by ed:

http://www.worldcuplatest.com/portugal-manchester-united-striker-chris-4206.html

http://www.worldcuplatest.com/portugal-manchester-united-striker-chris-4206.html

Manchester United's striker Christiano Ronaldo favours a move to Real Madrid
next season and confirmed that a deal has been reached with Real's presidential
candidate Villar Mir. At a short interview with 'Marca', Ronaldo said that he
had instructed his manager to negotiate with Real Madrid and also with his
current Club Manchester United.
The player said that he dreams of playing for the Spanish giants and that he
will make sure that every arrangement will happen in the best possible way.
"I want to play for Real Madrid, which is something I am dreaming of doing,"
Ronaldo said.
Christiano Ronaldo said that there were talks between him and Villar Mir. He
also said that other presidential candidates have contacted him, but Villar
Mir's offer was serious, as the others would require his signature before the
elections take place, something which he characterised as "illegal".
Ronaldo added that Villar Mir promised to initiate talks with Manchester United
soon.

from Reuters

'Manchester United and Portugal winger Cristiano Ronaldo has said he would like
to play for Real Madrid and plans to talk about his future after the World Cup.

Ronaldo has aligned himself with a candidate for Real's presidential election
on July 2, Juan Miguel Villar Mir, and although he has made no firm commitment
to a move he said he would open negotiations if Villar Mir wins.

"I have told my agent I am prepared to leave. I want to do it in the best
manner possible. I want to play for Real Madrid and dream of doing so," Ronaldo
told the Spanish sports daily Marca on Tuesday.

"I have gone with Villar Mir's project because it is serious and follows
correct procedures. They have explained to me their plans and the next step is
they will talk to Manchester United to open negotiations.

"Other candidates wanted me to sign a document which is not legal. Villar Mir
has promised me he will talk to the club and all we have done is talk through
an agent."

Villar Mir's move to sign Ronaldo is similar to Florentino Perez's election
winning gambit that helped him to the presidency in 2000, when he said he would
sign Barcelona's Luis Figo if the members elected him.'

 http://www.dpbolvw.net/click-795737-10306273

 http://www.tkqlhce.com/click-795737-10357057 Up to 8Mbps Broadband
Check http://www.rednews.co.uk to view the image which has been removed from
plain text email version of news

---------------------------------
[4] Ronaldo wants to leave
---------------------------------
Posted Tuesday, June 27, 2006 by ed:
 "I have told my agent I am prepared to leave. I want to do it in the best
manner possible. I want to play for Real Madrid and dream of doing so. I have
gone with Villar Mir's  project because it is serious and follows correct
procedures. They have explained to me their plans and the next step is they
will talk to Manchester United to open negotiations. Other candidates wanted me
to sign a document which is not legal. Villar Mir has promised me he will talk
to the club and all we have done is talk through an agent."

---------------------------------
[3] FREE £10 World Cup Bet
---------------------------------
Posted Tuesday, June 27, 2006 by ed:
When you plan to have a bet - use Sporting Odds through us

 http://www.sportingodds.com/index.asp?tpid=2983
http://www.sportingodds.com/index.asp?tpid=2983

---------------------------------
[2] Steve McClaren on Gary Nev
---------------------------------
Posted Tuesday, June 27, 2006 by ed:
"He's recovering well, he should train tomorrow and definitely Wednesday. He
needs a few days training and hopefully he'll be in contention for Saturday."

---------------------------------
[1] It's 5 mags for...just £5
---------------------------------
Posted Tuesday, June 27, 2006 by ed:
There are now 5 Red News' from last season still available... and you can get
ALL 5 for JUST £5 INCLUDING p&p in UK... £9 ROW... and when you order you get
FREE entry into our VIP Forum for a month. What a bargain!

Never read the mag? Or just missed out this season? Then order the 5 available
Red News' from this season (including the Bestie tribute comes with the 5 as
well) for JUST £5 in the UK INCLUDING p&p and £9 ROW (inc p&p). You also then
qualify for a free months entry into our news breaking VIP Forum.

Order here - product code 5OFFER

To order a single copy click on

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_xclick&business=rednewsweb%40mac%2ecom&item_name=Red%20News%20Single%20Copy%20Order&item_number=Red%20News%20Single%20Copy%20Order&no_shipping=0&no_note=1&currency_code=GBP&bn=PP%2dBuyNowBF&charset=UTF%2d8

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_xclick&business=rednewsweb%40mac%2ecom&item_name=Red%20News%20Single%20Copy%20Order&item_number=Red%20News%20Single%20Copy%20Order&no_shipping=0&no_note=1&currency_code=GBP&bn=PP%2dBuyNowBF&charset=UTF%2d8

---------------------------------
[33] More on Torres
---------------------------------
Posted Monday, June 26, 2006 by ed:
 http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?set_id=6&click_id=19&art_id=qw115132230360S163
http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?set_id=6&click_id=19&art_id=qw115132230360S163

'English top club Manchester United are planning to make a massive bid for
Spain striker Fernando Torres, according to the online edition of the Marca
sports daily on Monday.

Marca claims that United are prepared to offer Atletico Madrid as much as
€37-million (about R344-million) for the young striker, who has so far put away
three goals at the World Cup in Germany.

According to Marca, United manager Alex Ferguson is keen to link Torres up with
Wayne Rooney, in a tandem that would combine youth, speed and talent.

The BBC also linked Torres with United, but spoke of €29-million (about
R270-million) and noted that Premiership champions Chelsea may bid as well.

Torres may well be interested in leaving Atletico Madrid after yet another
season of mid-table mediocrity.

Atletico president Enrique Cerezo has frequently said he would not listen to
offers for Torres. Atletico, however, are still in debt and Cerezo needs to
find funds to strengthen a lightweight squad during the summer.

---------------------------------
[32] Van der Sar on last night
---------------------------------
Posted Monday, June 26, 2006 by ed:
"At the start of the second half, we had a man advantage, created a couple of
chances and then Figo does what he does best. The worst part about it is he
should not even have been on the pitch. If you headbutt someone, you should get
sent off. Yet the referee, his two assistants and the fourth official were all
there and somehow he only gets a yellow card. The thing that upsets me is the
Portuguese players look up, work out whether their opponent has already got a
yellow card or not, then act in a certain way. I know this is the World Cup,
but that is not very nice. The referee destroyed the game. When the referee is
not strong, you get a situation where the players do things which are not fair
and not right. For 15 minutes during the second half the game was nothing more
than a series of cards. Portugal managed to slow the game down and there were
so many bust-ups and different things going on it worked against us. The
referee has to take responsibility for that. He was poor throughout the
tournament and when you consider what went on after half-time, to only add six
minutes on at the end was a joke. I am 35 now and I have been in the game for a
long time but I have never seen anything like that."

---------------------------------
[31] SKY on transfer link
---------------------------------
Posted Monday, June 26, 2006 by ed:
'Manchester United could make their second raid on Spartak Moscow in less than
12 months, according to reports in Russia.

After snapping up Serbian defender Nemanja Vidic during the January transfer
window, speculation claims United are eyeing a second Spartak star - Maxim
Kalinichenko.

The winger is currently starring for Ukraine at the World Cup and shot to
prominence with a stunning performance in the 4-0 victory over Saudi Arabia.

He has been valued at €5 million (£3.4 million) by Spartak, who are willing to
sell the 27-year-old after the World Cup finals.

According to Russian television station ICTV, The Red Devils are among three
clubs to have lodged an interest with Spartak.

Borussia Dortmund and Valencia are also keen on the exciting wide man and are
ready to rival United, if Sir Alex Ferguson pushes on with his tentative
interest.

With Ferguson looking to strengthen across his midfield during the summer,
Kalinichenko is just one option for the United boss to consider.'

---------------------------------
[30] Under 18 friendlies
---------------------------------
Posted Monday, June 26, 2006 by ed:
from official site

'The club has confirmed the pre-season fixtures for United’s Under-18s team.
The young Reds will entertain Oldham Athletic and Walsall at United’s
Carrington training headquarters at the end of July before completing their
preparations for the new season with the annual trip to Northern Ireland to
play in the Milk Cup tournament.

Paul McGuinness’ side finished second in the Academy Premier League Group C
last season.

The Reds have taken on eight Academy first years for the 2006/07 campaign:
Antonio Bryan (striker), Ben Amos (goalkeeper), Conor McCormack (midfielder),
Corrie Evans (midfielder), Daniel Drinkwater (midfielder), Daniel Galbraith
(striker), James Derbyshire (midfielder) and Magnus Eikram, a striker from
Norway who joins the Reds in August when he turns 16.

Under-18s Pre-Season Fixtures

22 July United v Oldham
26 July United v Walsall
30 July–5 Aug Milk Cup (N. Ireland)

 http://www.dpbolvw.net/click-795737-10306273

Check http://www.rednews.co.uk to view the image which has been removed from
plain text email version of news

 http://www.tkqlhce.com/click-795737-10357057 Up to 8Mbps Broadband
Check http://www.rednews.co.uk to view the image which has been removed from
plain text email version of news

---------------------------------
[29] More transfer talk
Posted Monday, June 26, 2006 by ed:
>From famous Russian tabloid "Moskovskiy Komsomoletz":

Kalinichenko when asked about transfer rumours from Spartak Moscow to United:
"I know the same as you. Somebody said something, somebody wrote it and rumours
started. Personaly I don`t have any offers. Maybe my club received but I
haven`t spoken with Spartak for a long time already because of the WC duty".

from Vadim, Moscow Reds

For United books, videos, DVDs etc http://www.rednews.co.uk/ama.php?id=amazon

http://us.click.yahoo.com/TISQkA/hOaOAA/yQLSAA/GtUolB/TM