> Then what's the point of having PCI USB cards!? All modern
> mobo's have
> USB ports, hell even my ancient IBM PC 330 (I'm talking uber ancient,
> only a 486) came with two USB ports! And I've seen 4 port USB
> cards (the
> 2 porters (and I think the 4 porters) also have an extra
> internal port).

As I said I might be wrong, but that's how I understood it. I have also
never seen a PC that had more than 2 USB ports.

As for 4 Port cards: That might just be a Hub that sports 4 connections?

Although on the usb.org site I found this:

Q9: How many USB peripherals can I connect at once?
A9: Technically, you can connect up to 127 individual USB peripherals at one
time. Due to the fact that some devices reserve USB bandwidth, the practical
maximum of devices is less than the theoretical maximum. However, PCI-USB
add-in cards provide an independent USB bus to which even more peripherals
can be connected.

So you might / should be able to add more if I read this correctly.

M.