Jack Bowling wrote:
<snip>
My guess would be that it has to do with the ordering of USB probing
during the init on boot. You could try to add the following two lines
to your /etc/rc.local to see what happens:

/sbin/modprobe usb-uhci /sbin/modprobe ehci-hcd

jb

*shakes head* It was ordered like that on my clean install WITH the card. had a problem with the ehci-hcd module and lost use of my keyboard although it booted up properly.