Brad,

Must be your HS was different from mine -- cliques reigned supreme at mine -- no matter what it was built around, an orthodoxy develops in them.

So it would not at all surprise me to see most of the students involved doing exactly that, if the leaders of the group were doing it.

See the movie North Country to see what can happen when a culture of such intolerance takes over -- there it was against women.

BTW, I'm from the area where the film was shot-- and if you notice the scenery -- it isn't quite that bleak all the time - - just for the 8 months of winter.  :)

Steve