Perhaps the better analogy would be when my child simply points out that Jesus is just a fictional character like Shaggy or even Scooby Doo, and his teaching are to be given about the same weight.  It seems that those who have never had to endure this kind of assault have little idea the damage it does.  Whether it’s having rocks thrown at you, or some of the good Christian children waiting to beat on you when you leave the building, there are rarely good consequences to standing up for your Jewishness at school.  There are few things I teach my children to stand and fight about.  Religion happens to be one of them.  If others find that offensive, perhaps they might want to put an end to the cause.  Telling Jewish kids they are going to hell is never the end of the conversation, it is always the start of the confrontation.

Joel L. Sogol

Attorney at Law

811 21st Ave.

Tuscaloosa, Alabama  35401

ph: 205-345-0966

fx:  205-345-0971

email:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Ben Franklin observed that truth wins a fair fight -- which is why we have evidence rules in U.S. courts.