I'm sure there are a few in the nation, but I have yet to find the public high school that does not have a baccalaureate service.  One might wonder why that special service did not meet the needs of the students for public prayer, and if the affected high school did have such a service, one wonders how lawyers for each side might argue it affects such a case.

Ed Darrell
Dallas

"David E. Guinn" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote (inter alia):
This strikes me as theologically incoherent as well as constitutionally troubling (though more in terms of constitutional morality rather than law.)

Graduations frequently involve not just commencement, but a series of celebrations over the course of the weekend.  Why not reserve religious celebrations for a separate ceremony shared among their community of faith?

David