as "Eugene" signs his name as just "Eugene" --but hey, we all know him and love
him and know is last name!

Paul Finkelman

Paul Finkelman
President William McKinley Distinguished Professor of Law
     and Public Policy
Albany Law School
80 New Scotland Avenue
Albany, New York   12208-3494

518-445-3386
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

>>> "Volokh, Eugene" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 7/23/2008 3:24 PM >>>
Folks:  My sense is that it usually creates a nicer tone for people
to call each other by their full names, first names, or
title-plus-last-name, rather than just by last name alone.  It also
usually creates a nicer tone for people not to talk about others'
"peddl[ing]" their views (whether myths or otherwise) -- substantive
arguments are of course entirely proper, but argument by pejorative term
generally is not helpful, I think.