I don't think that such "agnosticism" is generally sound, or
even possible.  Maybe God did command Jews to circumcise their children, or
command Sikhs to wear turbans in a way that makes it impossible for them to
wear motorcycle helmets, or command Rastafarians to smoke marijuana, or command
white supremacist church members not to hire non-whites, or command Muslims to
wage jihad; but our legal system, I think, must necessarily evaluate these
things based on our judgments about what has impermissible secular effects, and
I don't see how we can meaningful take into account the possibility that God
has commanded the contrary.

                But in any event, even if such agnosticism is proper when
deciding whether to protect someone against his own decisions - a situation
where one can reasonably conclude that we shouldn't impose our paternalistic
cost-benefit balancing on that person, given that he might be considering
benefits that we don't - I don't see it as proper when it comes to deciding
whether to let A cut off a part of B's body rather than of A's own (even when A
is B's parent).  After all, the child might well not believe in the religious
command to circumcise when he grows up; and maybe he's right.  Or maybe he'll
come to believe that God doesn't want people to alter their bodies without
strong reason (perhaps an analogy to the Jewish prohibition on tattooing, see
http://www.myjewishlearning.com/practices/Ethics/Our_Bodies/Adorning_the_Body/Tattoos.shtml,
 though applied to circumcision instead).

                So "if we choose not to decide, we still have made a choice,"
as some philosopher or other said - we have chosen to let someone, for
religious reasons, alter the body of another person who by definition does not
believe in that religion, and who might or might not grow up to believe in that
religion.  However we resolve that question, I don't think this sort of
"agnosticism" has any helpful role to play here.

                Eugene