From: religionlaw-boun...@lists.ucla.edu
[mailto:religionlaw-boun...@lists.ucla.edu] On Behalf Of Ira Lupu
Sent: Thursday, July 05, 2012 8:07 AM
To: Law & Religion issues for Law Academics
Subject: Re: Parental rights and physical conduct

I don't know why we should be limited to the particulars of Supreme Court
decisions when we think about this.  I suggest that the approach I outlined is
deeply embedded in the statutory and judge-made law of all the states.  And, if
I'm right about, then the relevant constitutional doctrines of substantive due
process liberty would indeed give great weight to that long-standing and
wide-spread legal tradition (Troxel v. Granville).
On Thu, Jul 5, 2012 at 10:57 AM, Volokh, Eugene