I think Marty's second point below about the Court's somewhat positive
reception to the least restrictive means argument is important because it
provides a basis for resolving this case in Hobby Lobby's favor that is
relatively limited in its application. Clement argues that this is a unique
case because it is simply about who should pay for insurance coverage that
could easily be provided by the government or other private entities
(insurers). Clement explicitly distinguishes this case from cases involving
religious objections to anti-discrimination laws because the government cannot
mitigate the harms to third parties if accommodations to such laws are granted.

If the Court accepts that argument in its opinion, the door would be open for
for-profit, privately held businesses to assert RFRA claims, but the opinion
would say little to encourage claimants to believe that they would succeed on
the merits in such  lawsuits when there is harm to third parties that cannot be
avoided by alternative regulatory approaches -- which is the case when
anti-discrimination laws are at issue.

Alan