My understanding of the current status of the designated public forum doctrine
is that it would not matter whether it was a private sort of thing like a
tuition-paid class for enrolled students or a lecture open to the public.

Steve

> On Apr 22, 2016, at 1:20 PM, Alan E Brownstein <aebrownst...@ucdavis.edu>
> wrote:
>
> Steve and Eugene are confirming my initial take on this issue. Does the
> analysis change if the lecture is open to  the university community (as are
> most such lectures by invited speakers)? It is an open lecture as opposed to
> a class where only enrolled students are entitled to attend.
>
> As Steve suggests, there would be a different issue if the protestors were
> denied access to a room for their own expressive activities, but that is not
> the case here.
>
> Alan
> From: religionlaw-boun...@lists.ucla.edu
> <mailto:religionlaw-boun...@lists.ucla.edu>
> <religionlaw-boun...@lists.ucla.edu

"It is by education I learn to do by choice, what other men do by the
constraint of fear."

Aristotle