Brian wrote:
>       Our local club has been running a 10 Yausu 2410 2 meter
> repeater for many years. It is run through a Wacom wp-641 4 can
> duplexer.  Great results from this unit and it hears excellent....We
> recently aquired a new vertex vxr-7000 do to some really nice friends
> locally. In hooking up the new machine we have terrible desense on
> lower signals that would still be full quieting into our old machine.

First off, just in case of a common mistake:  If you replaced the cables
going to the duplexer and didn't replace them with good quality
double-shielded cable... stop and go do that right now.

How much isolation is the Wacom providing, since you just had it tuned.
  Did the shop give you a report for what they really got out of it?

Does the repeater desense into a dummy load, or only if the antenna is
attached?

Do you have a directional coupler and/or Iso-T that you can inject a
weak signal into the repeater with in both scenarios so you can see if
the antenna or feedline are part of the problem?

Back to a previous thread - do you have an Isolator on it?  Are there
other high power transmitters near you that could be getting into your
transmitter?  What's the site like?

Do you have any way to see if the transmitter is clean at your selected
power output level both into the antenna system and into a dummy load?

> We had a local shop retune the duplexer and still no luck.  We have
> tried it both with and without the contorller hooked up and no luck.
> It hears and transmits great in base mode but falls apart in repeat.

I wouldn't have suspected the tuned cavity first - unless you dropped it
and dented it or something.  Cavity size and frequency are physical
properties that don't really change much.

Something else is more likely to have changed.

Nate WY0X