Larry,

I thought the same thing except I would go for more 240 V...a good old TV
transformer with about 800V would do.  Also if you stand inside the building
looking for smoke it would lead to the user of the feedline.  Bet they would
not do it again.

Another approach is a high voltage, not enough to damage or smoke the
equipment, but enough so when the tech came to service it got a surprise
welcome.

This was obviously a poor and botched job.  The RG58 and crummy splice tells
one this person would not be working at my site.  I would not even let them on
the property to look.

73, ron, n9ee/r

>From: Larry Wagoner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Date: 2008/04/21 Mon PM 06:08:47 CDT
>To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
>Subject: Re: [Repeater-Builder] Re: Bad adapter

>At 05:43 PM 4/21/2008, you wrote:
>>I would think the one using the cable is the one who cut it.
>
>Or at the very least is responsible - given that that person's
>equipment is connected.
>One cannot claim ignorance at a certain point ...
>And it is the CUTTING of the hardline that is the criminal damage,
>not the use of the antenna.
>
>Finally ... if nothing else - how about feeding some 240 AC down the
>line from the splice point to the offender's equipment.
>
>Larry
>N5WLW

Ron Wright, N9EE
727-376-6575