At 09:17 AM 9/7/2008, Michael Ryan wrote:

>Robert, I am a member of the 210 reflector. I
>already know that the unit does not work with
>the Yaesu products.  I sent them out there to
>Ken to try and the results were disappointing to
>say the least and in fact sent TWO models to
>him.  But there still might be something else
>that will, which is why I asked. The most likely
>is the ICOM as their architecture is somewhat
>different.   The ICOM 7000 is an even more
>likely candidate BUT that is an awfully
>expensive radio to stick in a rack at a repeater
>site. My interests with this were beyond the use
>of FM repeaters but that being said, unless you
>can access MEMORIES or have a method to change
>the PL on your linked radio ( whatever that
>radio is ) to allow input to  various machines
>you want to access, you are limited to the PL
>used on your own transceiver.  It’s interesting…    ’73 Robert.
>
>  <----Michael. It's not that the RC210 doesn't
> work with the Yaesu models. It is that Yaesu
> does not support memory recall in the CAT
> protocol for FT-100(D). There is no controller
> in the world that will do it because the command simply isn't there.

The IC706MkIIg does allow for recalling memories
via CI-V (Icom's version of CAT) and the RC210
does that just fine. Same for the IC7000.

Ken

President and CTO - Arcom Communications
Makers of repeater controllers and accessories.
http://www.arcomcontrollers.com/
Authorized Dealers for Kenwood and Telewave and
we offer complete repeater packages!
AH6LE/R - IRLP Node 3000
http://www.irlp.net
"We don't just make 'em. We use 'em!"