CATV can have leakage from 11 MHz (DCT return carrier) clear up to above
1100 MHz (digital video/data carrier)...

CATV leakage a lot of the time in our experience has been the in home wiring
that is either using poorly shielded cable (i.e. RG59 or Lowes/Home Depot
RG6 or anything from Rat Shack) or has poor cable terminations (crimped on
fittings with pliers, any twist on fittings, gold plated anything
(especially splitters), etc...

While CATV does cause inference if leakage occurs, our larger bandit, at
least in SW Idaho, is commercial power (Idaho Power Co)... It's amazing how
loud of a noise carrier a bad transformer can cause on a site...

73s,

AJ, K6LOR