Yep, sounds like high voltage noise from a dirty insulator, more noticeable in
foggy conditions. Dirt attracts moisture and at 12,000 Volts (or whatever the
potential is) you get small shorts that crackle, like in the back of a dirty TV
set.

If you track it down to a Power Company's insulator, give them a call.

I was working at a saw mill one night when the substation there went down from
saw dust accumulation on the insulators.

73, KD6AAJ