You might want to look at my project called "thelinkbox".  It's an open source
multiport repeater controller/VoIP app that runs on Linux. Although it can work
with both EchoLink and IRLP it can also to be used for private "off grid"
networks.

The delays inherent in VoIP linking will drive you nuts if you are duplex and
listen to the repeater output while you are talking, but since you are talking
about a 6 meter repeater I doubt that will be a problem for you.

Thelinkbox has been in beta for over a year and is fairly stable.  If you are
interested please join http://groups.yahoo.com/group/thelinkbox .

73's Skip WB6YMH