Ok, I have a question that has been bothering me over the last few days.  I had
mentioned that we wanted to use our repeater to send out a set of tones to
activate fire style pager (this was some time ago) and people said we should
not do it for one reason or another.  One of those reasons was that it might be
considered a one way broadcast and not legal under FCC rules for amateur radio.

That being said, I know that some people have come on here and asked about
using a weather radio on their repeater system, etc.  Having it setup to send
out alerts over the repeater when they come in.  Would this not also be
considered a 1 way broadcast for reception by general public, per-say.

How can you legally include a weather alert radio in a repeater setup and have
it function as required?