On Sat, 23 May 2009 m...@nb.net wrote:
> Telemetry is legal, so if it's alerting you as to the conditions at or
> near the site, it should be fine. Nowhere does it require the
> telemetry to be in data-only format.

Yes, But...

You didn't clarify how in the world that matters in the current
argument. I don't care if it's 150 MPH winds and gusting at the repeater
site -- I'm going to find a hole in the ground to hide in!

Analog telemetry was used for the early rockets of the space program.
However, repeating a tone generated by NOAA doesn't tell you anything
about conditions at the repeater site. Nor should you care, since a
properly engineered and installed repeater won't have any difficulties
with high winds, rain, or hail.

Telemetry is not a catch-all for "Hey, a weather radio at the repeater
site went off".

--
Kris Kirby, KE4AHR
Disinformation Analyst